- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 4 cups chopped pumpkin
- 2 cups vegie stock
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup loosely packed Thai basil
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- In a saucepan, heat the vegetable oil with 1/2 cup of the coconut milk.
- Add curry paste and stir over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and stock and simmer until pumpkin is cooked.
- Cool, then puree in blender (or with a Bamix) then transfer to a saucepan and season with sugar.
- Stir in Thai basil and remaining coconut milk, then divide between individual serving bowls and garnish with kaffir lime leaves.